We are looking for interns who:
- Desire to see the Kingdom of God and the mission of Church of the Beloved advance.
- Are ready to be further equipped and trained for ministry through holistic training and growth.
- Are future leaders trying to discern a call to ministry within the local church.
We seek to accomplish this by giving men and women a Gospel-centered training program that allows them to explore ministry in three primary environments:
- Cohort: growing in knowledge through an interactive classroom to expand their capacity of leading ministry
- Practicum: putting into practice the principles they are learning while getting practical experience in leadership and ministry
- Coaching: evaluating through feedback areas of needed growth both personally and professionally
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of the internships?
Internships begin in October and end in April.
Are the internships paid?
Internships at COTB are unpaid. Interns are encouraged to work or raise money during their internship. Assistance can be given for fundraising and book-keeping.
What are the expected work hours of an intern?
Interns are expected to work approximately 7 hours a week engaged in learning (cohort and homework), their ministry practicum and coaching. Interns interested in full-time internships would need to negotiate expected hours.
What are the possible college/seminary credit hours?
All interns have the opportunity to use their internship to fulfill required internship hours approved by their seminary/university. COTB’s Leadership Development Pastor is available to sign off on any hours. The intern cohort is not an accredited class.
Can I work as an intern if I have a full time job?
Yes, having a full or part-time job during an internship at COTB is encouraged. The majority of hours necessary as an intern can be fulfilled during the evening and weekends. Interns that want to work full-time for the church would need to raise 100% of their salary.
Are medical benefits provided for interns?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer medical benefits for interns.
Will COTB cover my moving expenses?
If you choose to relocate to the Chicagoland area for an internship, you will be responsible for any moving expenses.
Does COTB help international intern candidates secure work visas for internships?
No, COTB doesn’t assist international candidates in obtaining work visas.